[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] Testing Summary: 3 September 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 3 13:08:15 EDT 2011

Hi Tabitha,

On 3 Sep 2011, at 08:02, Tabitha Roder wrote:

> Testing Summary: 3 September 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand
>
> Testing os3 on XO-1.0s and XO-1.5s. Couldn't see any new build for XO-1.75 so no tests on these.
>
> XO-1.5s running os3 - used Ivy and Poppy-Copy - no collaboration tested as Poppy wireless broken
> Turned off automatic power management
>
> Record - photo, video, audio all successful, change photo quality successful
>
> Implode - works
>
> Maze 11 - fails to start on both XO-1.5s. Logs are empty. cjl says dirakx patched - http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2011-September/033133.html - so this might need reviewing. There is a newer Maze (12) but that is not in this build, installed this version and it works.
>
> Memorize - can play all existing games and can create and play a new one.
>
> Measure - works
>
> Physics - works
>
> Browse 123 - fails to start. Logs show problems. Likely same as http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3055
> ** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (HippoCanvasBox)
> Registering '@mozilla.org/module-loader/python;1' (libpyloader.so)
> Registering 'Python.TestComponent' (py_test_component.py)
> Registering '@mozilla.org/network/protocol/about;1?what=python' (pyabout.py)
> returning /home/olpc/.sugar/default/org.laptop.WebActivity/data/gecko/prefs.js for key NS_APP_PREFS_50_FILE
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/sugar-activity", line 21, in <module>
>     main.main()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py", line 121, in main
>     module = __import__(module_name)
>   File "/home/olpc/Activities/Browse.activity/webactivity.py", line 176, in <module>
>     from webtoolbar import PrimaryToolbar
>   File "/home/olpc/Activities/Browse.activity/webtoolbar.py", line 29, in <module>
>     from sugar._sugarext import AddressEntry
> ImportError: cannot import name AddressEntry
> Exited with status 1, pid 2367 data (None, <open file '<fdopen>', mode 'w' at 0xabd38b8>, '57826ffab80eef40b8e9971546fa6e125c166e93')
>  Browse 125 from aslo works
>
> Calculator - sin, cosine and tangent are expecting integers, if you enter a decimal it gives error message:
> Error at 1: unsupported operand time (s) for *:'Decimal' and 'float'
> Tried this on the Android phone calculator and it is possible to use decimals.

Ooh, good catch, thanks. I'll need to try and hunt that one down. If Calculate is set to Degrees mode (the default) then it (incorrectly) expects an integer value. If you switch over to Radians mode, floating point or integer values works fine (thank goodness).

	http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3078

Regards,
--Gary