[olpc-nz] EduCamp Wellington

Tim Kong timslim at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:28:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thought this might interest some of you involved in the OLPC project.

Just wanted to announce EduCampWelly is taking place on May 21st, in Wellington.

The venue is Wellington College - a big thank you to them for their generosity.

To quote the blurb:

EducampNZ is a user-generated 'unconference' focused on e-learning and
education.We're all about growing our learning, networking, and, of
course, having fun! Everyone is invited to participate in some way...

The organisers are really keen to have individuals from across the NZ
primary, ECE, secondary, tertiary sector involved - as well as those
from the MOE and beyond.

It's about having some input, sharing ideas and listening to others
who are all about making education, learning and our place on the
planet better.

There is no fee for attending - just a koha to help cover wifi costs.

There is no food or drink provided, but one of Wellington's
friendliest wine establishments is nearby, as well as a limited
assortment of cafes and golden arched eateries.

If you attend, you're responsible for contributing, challenging and considering.

If you don't attend, you won't get to see the historic glory that is
the Basin Reserve.

Direct all questions, thoughts, and ideas to the wiki.  -
http://educampwelly.wikispaces.com/

Please sign up on the wiki if you're interested in attending - so we
can get an idea of numbers.

Thanks,

Tim