[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] os873 on XO-1.5 and os873 on XO-1 -07/15/2011

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Jul 18 09:29:18 EDT 2011

Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On 17 July 2011 02:39, Thomas C Gilliard <satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Community/Distributions/Fedora#testing_os873_XO-1.5
>>
>> With preliminary testing of Chat 70 collaboration using os873 on XO-1 and
>> os873 on XO-1.5
>>

> Thanks a lot for testing and feedback! Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Just one question, I don't understand one section of your report.
> Could you explain the following in more detail?
>
> XO-1 Mesh Network 1>AD hoc Network 1 ; AD hoc Network 6; AD hoc
> Network 11 no avitars
> XO-1.5 AD hoc 1 on >shows as 4th connection point on X0-1 after 2 min
> XO-1.5 Click on AD hoc 1 and see avitars?

Not Connected to Wireless AP: (tested today)
os873 on the XO-1 displays different icons in the f1 neighborhood for
the three mesh networks, than the XO-1.5 does.
(2 concentric circles and a dot on the XO-1 and a single circle with a
dot and underlines ;mayan? symbols; on the XO-1.5)
In XO-1.5 connect to Circle and dot; after about 2 minutes it (4th icon:
named Ad-hoc Network 1)  appears on the XO-1. Connect to it on XO-1 and
the others laptops  Avitar appears in both F1 neighborhoods. Now sharing
of Chat-70  is possible.

Disconnect on both; XO-1 tries to connect to all 3 Mesh Networks
connects to Mesh Network 1
No connection to XO-1.5

Icons remain on XO-1 screen after disconnect. After connecting to all
three on XO-1.5' have 6 icons on XO-1 screen.

Synopsis: connections only work if initiated from XO-1.5 to the XO-1 but
not the other way around.
There is no indication on the XO-1 which AD-hoc network is active on
XO-1.5 before connecting to it.

Why does it work this way?

Tom Gilliard

Names: