[OLPC New Zealand] Report from Auckland, NZ - 17 July 2011

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sat Jul 16 20:49:38 EDT 2011

Hello

Although we didn't have testing in Auckland due to attending Barcamp, we did
play a bit with dsd's 873 build, 0.92.2 Q3B07 on XO-1.5

Took a photo with Record, named it, and then imported it into Paint, tested
a few features of Paint -
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ca3W1m2FrNZdQCuCI0vKwg?feat=directlink

There is a link at the top of the pages in wikipedia that requires internet
to view, would there be a way to tell someone that they need internet access
to follow that link successfully?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/BeTpQXvSZXcTJwvBCDzSgA?feat=directlink
There is Wikipedia and WikipediaEN, should Wikipedia actually be called
WikipediaES?

Quick play with the following and found okay:
Maze
Memorize
Measure
Physics
Ruler
Clock (it talked! yay!)
TamTamMini
Implode

Sorry we couldn't test more thoroughly. We did have a lot of interest in the
XOs and were surprised how many people there are out there who have still
not seen the XO in real life, though everyone had heard of "one hundred
dollar laptop per child" as it was almost always referred to as.

Kind regards
Tabitha