[OLPC New Zealand] OLPC-AU release candidate RC3 (au867)

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Jul 8 02:57:51 EDT 2011

The Melbourne XO Club meets on 16 July, as part of the LUV Beginners' Workshop:

http://lists.luv.asn.au/wws/arc/luv-announce/2011-07/msg00001.html
http://luv.asn.au/2011/07/16

We need to have a release out by 25 July, which is the start of Term 3
in Northern Territory schools.

This release won't be directly available for XO-1s (we're phasing
those out). You can install our last (and latest stable) release
(10.1.3-au2) and run the upgrade routine. Your feedback on this would
be very valuable, as this is our intended method of getting our XO-1s
onto 10.1.3-au3.

Installing 10.1.3-au2[0] can be done by directly writing the image to
the XO, or through our XO-AU USB 2[1]. Once your XO is flashed and
working, you can run the upgrade routine as already outlined. To
repeat:

 1. extract the ZIP file[3] to a USB drive
 2. plug into the XO
 3. turn on

Once the upgrade stick verifies that you have a 10.1.3-au release
installed, it will upgrade the OS to 10.1.3-au3.

Cheers,
Sridhar

[0] http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/wiki/1013-au2_release_notes
[1] http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/USB/2/xo-au-usb-2-xo1.zip