[olpc-nz] [Testing] diagnosing ad-hoc network activity sharing problems

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jan 26 10:28:01 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 10:01 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> I _think_ James forked off this thread from a 'dextrose' testing
> thread, and I don't know if that dextrose is based on 10.1.3, and how
> it fares re adhoc networking.

Dextrose pulls in the kernel and powerd packages from the same place of
10.1.3. I haven't checked, but I would expect all the platform packages
to be identical.

> On XO-1, all the 10.1.x series has power saving off. There are various
> bugs, but IIRC the blocker is that the wlan driver gets confused with
> the repeated S/R cycles and wlan disappears. Probably a race condition
> or otherwise timing related.

I've seen this happen even without enabling power saving. We finally
fixed it by disabling mesh support in libertas:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10195