[olpc-nz] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 16 January 2010

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Jan 15 21:53:37 EST 2011

Who: Fabiana, Nevyn, Tabitha, Tom.

Testing au860-4 on XO-1.5:

Measure 31:
Still has garbage on odd startups http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2509
Still has trigger triggering on both rising and falling edge http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2203
Still has quite low microphone level http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2510

Tried to create the following ticket, but bugs.sugarlabs.org reports
Internal Server Error and doesn't create the ticket.

Noticed in every Measure 31 log on au852-4

{{{
1295065616.682537 DEBUG Measure: set bias max is 0
1295065616.683902 WARNING Measure: set_bias: DC Input Bias (0-0) 0 channels
/home/olpc/Activities/Measure.activity/audiograb.py:395: Warning: invalid cast from `GstAlsaMixerOptions' to `GstAlsaMixerTrack'
  self._mixer.set_mute(control, value)
1295065616.687307 DEBUG Measure: Set mute for Mic Bias (DC Input Bias) to False
}}}

Also couldn't create this ticket:

Measure 31 on au852-4 on XO-1.5

{{{
1295065643.790632 DEBUG Measure: ====================================
** (sugar-activity:3072): DEBUG: Received SaveYourself(SmSaveLocal, !Shutdown, SmInteractStyleNone, !Fast) in state idle
** (sugar-activity:3072): DEBUG: Sending SaveYourselfDone(True) for initial SaveYourself
** (sugar-activity:3072): DEBUG: Received SaveComplete message in state save-yourself-done
context on: gain and y_mag are 1.000000 and 3.000000
context on: gain and y_mag are 1.000000 and 3.000000
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sugar/activity/activity.py", line 188, in __title_changed_cb
    if title == self._activity.metadata['title']:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
1295065709.524644 DEBUG Measure: ====================================
1295065709.525258 DEBUG Measure: Quitting
}}}

Attempted to test collaboration between ivy and shadow. Sadly ivy can
see anna and shadow can see ivy and anna, but ivy cannot see shadow.
This is the most frustrating part of XO testing, the collaboration just
doesn't work reliably. We have no way to diagnose this, nothing obvious
appears in the logs. Is there a guide to diagnosing these problems? Are
we the only people to see them? How do we provide an adequate bug
report? Should we append to every testing report, "as usual
collaboration didn't work right and we would like to help but don't know
how".

Started Chat on Shadow and tried to invite ivy. Nothing happened. After
many minutes noticed that ivy could see shadow now. Started chat on ivy,
saw it on shadow and joined. Chat seems to work normally.

Tested activities on XO-1 (unknown build number):
Looked at GoGo Activity but we don't have the associated hardware. It
looks very interesting.

Eleusis Activity:
Found it was quite easy, played 6 of 19 games. Would be good if you
could skip levels.

Rectangles Activity:
Really cool, managed the first few levels, skipped levels to get to the
hardest level and found it a real challenge.

Radio Activity:
Opened an audio file created with record and the activity disappeared.
Will investigate further and post bug report next week.

Boxes Activity:
Loved this game as a kid. Activity worked well. Would be good if you
could make the board bigger and play 2 player (on the same or on
different laptops) instead of against the computer. Would also be good
if you could choose to start a game from scratch, without any
pre-defined starting configuration.