[olpc-nz] Fwd: [Sugar-devel] Hiring Onsite Developers

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sun Jan 9 15:10:44 EST 2011

FYI

Tabitha
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David Farning" <dfarning at activitycentral.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2011 22:20
Subject: [Sugar-devel] Hiring Onsite Developers
To: "sugar-devel" <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>, <devel at laptop.org>

Activity Central is hiring two (2) onsite Sugar/OLPC developers.  The
primary responsibility of these developers will be to work onsite at
an existing OLPC deployment to improve the local Feedback, Fix,
Finished product cycle for the deployment.

The Feedback, Fix, Finished product cycle is the process of:
1. Working with the deployment to solicit feedback on software bugs
and feature requests.
2. Working with the Dextrose team to prioritize and implement the
requested bug fixes and features.
3a. Working with Deployment and Dextrose team to distribute periodic
software updates which include the new fixes and features across the
deployment.
3b. Working with the upstream Sugar and OLPC developers to merge the
requested fixes and features upstream as needed.

These positions will require the developer to physically relocate to a
deployment for a minimum of one (1) year before being eligible to work
remotely.  In lieu of resume please send links to two (2) mailing list
threads in which you discussed how to implement a bug fix or feature
request and two (2) links to upstream OLPC or Sugar commits you
implemented.

Please send these links to or additional questions to
dfarning at activitycentral.com

david

My apologies if this was received in duplicate.  I am in the process
of updating my mailing list subscriptions to reflect my new email
address.