[OLPC New Zealand] build 20 testing

Carlos Nazareno object404 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:54:38 EST 2011

I left Bonnie home out west in Massey, might be a bit far for you
guys. If anyone's in the area, I can meet up at the Westfield Mall
Henderson interchange tomorrow around lunch time, but I have to be
back home before 3 so I can prep for Ludum Dare.

I'm also still doing testing with Bonnie, particularly research on
available dev environments on it to inform other developers we've been
inviting.

A component of OLPC just as important as the software for the kids is
the ability to develop content using them for the adults as the
assumption is that for many deployments, the XOs may be the *only*
machines available onsite at communities & no traditional commercial
machines.

Seeing how this workflow will go on the ARM-based 1.75 is very
important as many tools/packages aren't available because of the ARM
architecture (OpenJDK on ARM only goes to 5 and not 6 which a bunch of
other tools depend upon) & it's an eye opener most Linux devs won't
have the opportunity to explore since they don't normally have access
to Full-on Linux on ARM.

On 12/16/11, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi Naz
> If you can't make it, would you mind dropping Bonnie off for us to use for
> testing or let Tom know where he can pick it up today?
> Thanks
> Tabitha
>

> On 16 December 2011 01:30, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> Tried connecting to wifi this afternoon after flashing to 20.
>>
>> I'm happy to report that the Bonnie the 1.75 1B1 seems to be now
>> behaving with WiFi off the bat (could barely connect after stock
>> reflash with build 18).
>>
>> Haven't let it fully finish, but it could connect to yum update (was
>> going to do just stock read testing to send to send over the battery
>> logs), but I guess might be more useful information given our recent
>> mysterios yum woes circa build 17/18 over here.
>>
>> Not sure if I can make it this Saturday because I'm beefing up for
>> http://ludumdare.com/ (48-hr global game jam) that starts Sat & need
>> to rest up for it.
>>
>> Might have recruited a new volunteer from Tangleball ;)
>>
>> Will give you an update tom.
>>
>> G'night!
>>
>> -Naz
>>
>> --