[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] Testing Summary: 3 December 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon Dec 5 06:12:20 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 21:32 +1100, James Cameron wrote:

> It is late, I should stop.

We have a friend who works for Air New Zealand, but we'll try doing a
reflash and a firmware update and removing the battery for a while
first!

> > I can probably do this -- I have +4 glasses, a fine tipped iron and
> > experience with surface mount. How small are the pads?
>
> I did something like this on an A3 ... moving the resistors from one set
> of pads to the other ... or rather accidentally flicking the resistors
> away with two soldering irons, trying to find where they landed, and
> then using wire wrap wire to short the pads instead of using the
> resistors.  The pads are very small.

If it is too small, I have friends. One successfully placed the cpu on
10 of these boards without needing rework:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tumanako/index.php?title=File:STM32MCU_PCB.jpg (for reasons I don't understand we had lean on a friend to place the cpu after everything else was done by the board manufacturer).