[OLPC New Zealand] initial report post-flash 11.3.1 build 17

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Dec 4 19:19:00 EST 2011

Thanks for testing.

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 10:09:27PM +1300, Carlos Nazareno wrote:
> XO 1.75 1B1 (a B1 with non-membrane keyboard & no SD, right?)

XO-1.75 1B1 has eMMC instead of microSD as internal storage, but does
have an external SD slot.

> Note: Fresh off flashing & first boot, was unable to connect to Wifi
> network multiple times. Switched to Gnome, same.
>
> After rebooting, managed to connect to wifi, but not sending/receiving
> packets. Disconnecting & reconnecting fixed it.
>
> Interestingly, the 1.75 1B1 with me seems to be detecting less
> networks than the XO-1. Where the XO-1 can see 3 (house + neighbors),
> the 1.75 only sees one (house).

All the problems above are probably related to support for wireless
after suspend and resume.  Please test these wireless findings again
with power management disabled.  My Settings, Power, turn off Automatic
power management.  Then reboot.

If you'd like to be notified of progress on the issue, add your cc to
tickets #11392 and #11500.

Please do not persist with power management disabled, however, because
we need testing of that more than anything, even though we know it
currently causes problems.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO-1.75#Software_Restrictions

> Yum update just ran nicely after being able to connect (ran it under
> gnome).
>
> Is anyone interested in the out-of-the-box yum update logs? Tom?
> I can post them somewhere.

Thanks, but not at all interesting.  We're in a temporary strict change
control because of the upcoming manufacturing build, and so we aren't
adopting the latest packages.

Also, once you update you are not testing this build for us any longer,
but are instead testing this build and the updates together.  The latter
isn't as useful to us as the former.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/