[OLPC New Zealand] XO 1.75 B1 build 11.3.1 testing

Carlos Nazareno object404 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 01:45:36 EST 2011

Some results that might be of interest. Not sure which build of 11.3.1
is installed, will confirm with Tom.

Will do more extensive testing on read in sugar, but running the
machine in idle with wifi on I think (will retry), brightness 0, pdf
reader on -> started at 90% battery, after 6 hours, indicator said it
still had 30% battery. pretty interesting battery performance compared
to the XO-1.

Bugs:

- one time I shut down from gnome, the LED was orange and did not turn off.
- Another time, Gnome, I tried attaching an external hard drive, then
after selecting "safely remove hard drive" and removing the hard
drive, the machine seemed to have hung.

There's quite a bunch of stuff that's not available with the Fedora
arm repositories (or at least that can be seen by Yum out of the box
on 11.3.1) so contrary to what was mentioned by someone before, there
are some challenges to getting some x86 programs & packages to run.

-Naz

--
carlos nazareno
http://twitter.com/object404