[OLPC New Zealand] New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Aug 27 20:21:59 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 11:52 +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 01:36:01PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
> > Do you want us to examine the working XO-1.75 with membrane keyboard? Is
> > it worth knowing whether it has the same touch pad as the not working
> > clicky keyboard XO-1.75?
>
> You may as well catch a photograph of the XO-1.75 membrane keyboard
> touchpad, if it isn't showing the symptom, just to make sure it is the
> model of the touchpad that is important.

Our XO-1.75 with membrane keyboard and working touchpad has a different
touchpad to that in our XO-1.75 with clicky keyboard and jumpy touchpad.
The working touchpad in our membrane XO-1.75 appears to be the same as
the working touchpad from Tank, our XO-1.5 prototype.

See
http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/11171/XO-1.75-membrane-working.jpg for a photo of the base supplied with our membrane keyboard XO-1.75.