[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 07:02:26 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:30 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 06:56:38PM -0400, Kevin Gordon wrote:
>> http://build.laptop.org/F14-arm/os36/
>> http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/q4b07/
>> should do the trick
>
> Not really.  That's just the current build and firmware, not a stable
> location to point to for the latest, which is what Tom asked for.
>
> For firmware, the release process includes an update to the Firmware
> page on the Wiki, in the XO-1.75 section.  You might watch that page.
> I've adjusted XO_1.75_B1 page accordingly.
>
> As one of the release engineers for OpenFirmware, we tend not to update
> the Firmware page if the release is either (a) a fix that only affects
> the manufacturing plant, or (b) requires extensive testing in the team
> before we let the volunteers work with it.
>
> I'll let Peter respond for the operating system builds.

There will be new builds weekly or more often for large feature
additions that could do with testing. These will be announced on
devel at laptop.org list. There was OS40 released today. Next one should
be on Friday.

I think shortly (maybe next build) we should move to auto firmware
updates with the OS release so that with each OS update we're running
the recommended OFW release. We're shipping it in OS40, not sure if it
auto updates, but will test that myself this evening.

Peter