[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] Testing Summary - 13 August 2011, Auckland NZ

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Aug 14 19:30:19 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 11:35:14PM +1200, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Tested Log 25 on os874, couldn't find how to put log files into the
> journal.

Start Log, right-click on the gear-wheel icon to the left of the stop
button, another two icons will appear below the toolbar, right-click on
the second icon and a "Capture information" button will appear,
left-click on that button.  A journal entry will be created.

> We nearly always want to put log files onto a USB flash drive -- it
> takes a fairly technical user to navigate to the right place in
> terminal and copy the log files. Could this be automated?

Yes, certainly.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/