[olpc-nz] [Testing] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 25 September 2010

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 27 09:56:25 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:10, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:

> Here is Tom's report on collaboration:
>>
>> Tested collaboration on os852. Started off with send to friend.
>> 1 Created a picture in record
>> 2 Closed record activity
>> 3 Renamed record activity in journal to "picture for anna" (you can see
>> where this going)
>> 4 Sent "picture" to anna (another xo)
>> 5 Picture loads in "Browse" but is a whole lot of xml
>> It turns out that we were sending the "activity" not the results of the
>> activity. After sending the picture itself, things worked a lot better.
>> Should it be possible to send a session of the Record activity to a
>> friend? If so, should it load in Browse or in Record? I guess this is a
>> special case of, should activity sessions be stored in the journal?
>> Especially a relatively stateless activity like Record?

The idea was the journal would contain both activity entries and
objects, the later being contained inside the former. Sending an entry
would also send all its metadata and the objects (photos in this case)
that contains and sending an object would only send that one.

It is known that what we have today is confusing.

Thanks for the feedback,

Tomeu