[olpc-nz] [Testing] Testing Summary: Auckland - 21 August 2010

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Sep 16 23:39:50 EDT 2010

On 21 August 2010 13:36, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Speak - concerned about the content. The robot strongly believes in
> Christianity. We were quite concerned by its views on homosexuality, murder,
> and other acts. About the best response we got was when it told you to go
> ask Lucy, Simon, or Elvis. Are the laptops being deployed in any countries
> that are strongly not Christian? It quoted the bible a few times which could
> cause issues. Where it picks an answer from a pool of potential answers, it
> could cause offense as it changes between yes, no and maybe.

You just reminded me of something I discovered a while back, then
promptly forgot about :s

Going from my recollection...

Ask: "Is the Bible true?"
Response: "The Bible is a great source of wisdom"

Ask: "Is the Koran true?"
Response: "If the Koran is true I'd be very surprised"

Yikes!

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child (OLPC) Australia