[olpc-nz] Twi translation

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Thu Sep 2 05:54:56 EDT 2010

On 31 August 2010 09:10, Brenda Wallace <brenda at coffee.geek.nz> wrote:

> My colleague, Charlie, has vounteered to do Twi translations of sugar
> text. Twi is the language of Ghana.
> Anyone on this list set up translation before? Can you point on the
> way to get an interface infront of Charlie so he can go for it?

I got Tongan, Maori and Samoan started. Best thing to do is submit request
to http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ that says "please create Twi language and add
terminology project and glucose project".

We suggest the terminology project (these are like keywords that give you a
start point for all the other projects) and glucose project (the main file
for the majority of words found in the Sugar interface) before tackling the
others. The translation team should respond pretty quick.

Charlie will need access to Sugar (on a Stick is fine) to see the words in
context while doing the translation.

Tabitha