[olpc-nz] Fwd: [OLPC-AU] New XO-1.5 image for testing

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Oct 28 22:58:11 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

I've added a [General] tag. I wasn't sure where on the page to add
specific tests, and I didn't want to mess up your table.

The things to test first are the parts where we have diverged from
OLPC's 10.1.2 release. This includes:

  * language is "English (Australian)"
  * we use Adobe Flash plug-in for Browse (we tried very hard to use
Gnash, but alas its compatibility isn't good enough for Australian
schools)
  * for Adobe licensing compliance, we have added a message in the
"About My Computer" box
  * the powerd package you helped us test last time is now included by
default (i.e. the XO now requires a button press to wake up from
suspend)
  * the backup and restore activities are now included by default

Otherwise, you can run it through its paces just like any other build.

Thanks for your help!