[olpc-nz] Testing for Dextrose

Steven Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 06:20:20 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Great plan. We would love to test and give feedback on dextrose. Actually it
> will be good to do some continuing testing on improving one build over a
> period of time.
> We can smooth out testing processes and feedback. Copied in Tim McNamara for
> help with this as well as olpc-nz list for heads up on us having the
> opportunity to work with the dextrose team.
>
> Tabitha
>
> On 12 Nov 2010 07:01, "Steven Parrish" <smparrish at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Tabitha,
>>
>> Wanted to check with you and see if you and your NZ testers would like
>> to help us out with some testing for Dextrose.
>> wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose. My plan is to release new builds
>> every other Friday, with the next one being released next Friday the
>> 19th. We would appreciate any testing and feedback you are able to
>> give us. Any questions just ask.
>>
>> Steven Parrish
>> Dextrose Project Manager

Hello all,

Dextrose 2 build 5  (os5dx2) has now been released.  It is available
for both the XO-1 and XO-1.5 in 2 versions.  1 with Gnome and 1
without.  The new features are.

 Users can now Share a 3g connection
 When setting up an Adhoc network will check to make sure it is a
Sugar Adhoc network
 Fix for Sl2060 - When copying a file multiple times you will now get
correct file names

 Updated Activities:
   Write 72
   IRC 7
   Distance 21
   Turtle Blocks 103
   Pippy 38

We appreciate any testing you are able to do, and look forward to
receiving your feedback.

Steven