[olpc-nz] Turtle art with sensors is back!

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Thu Nov 11 22:22:33 EST 2010

In case anyone missed it, Walter recently advised that Turtle art with
sensors is back!

1. After a long absence, Turtle Art with Sensors is back! The original fork
> was written by Arjun Sarwal when he was an intern at OLPC (See [1]);
> however, when we migrated Sugar to non-XO platforms, we stopped supporting
> this fork due to problems with the alsaaudio library. With help from Tony
> Forster, Turtle Blocks (the mainline version of the project) has a sensor
> palette with blocks for sound (raw microphone input), volume, and pitch, and
> on OLPC XO hardware, resistance and voltage sensors.

You can read the full post here - http://walterbender.org/?p=393

There is info here -
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt/Using_Turtle_Art_Sensors

Way back Mel Chua visited Wellington and we had a fun session creating
sensors. We were even soldering in the garden at the Cross. I copied in Carl
in case he has any of the old sensors we made.

Anyway, I thought I would put it out there to see if the creators amongst us
want to play with sensors.

Tabitha