[olpc-nz] Auckland Linux User Group

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sun May 2 02:24:21 EDT 2010

Hi NZ testers

Just letting everyone know that we went to Auckland Linux User Group
"install fest" today and showed off the XOs. I had some of them have a go at
SoaS with some USB keys I took along, that was a great start and a few have
downloaded Sugar for themselves while we were there. We had one SoaS fail -
a Dell Inspiron 1270 I think it was called - but the other computers all
were successful in running SoaS and starting some activities. We didn't go
through full testing for wifi, camera and mic, etc but did test sound worked
and a few activities started. This has a few interested in joining olpc
testing group up here so good news. Again we are getting questions about
buying XOs and I am considering taking orders this year to get 100 more in
the country.

:-)

Have a great week

Tabitha