[olpc-nz] [Testing] Actions: OLPC QA Call with Sri Lanka's Professional Volunteers

Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Mar 9 10:24:57 EST 2010

Holt wrote:
> 3 great explanatory links inlined below-- thanks to James Cameron.
>
>>  Thanks all for a very productive 1hr phone call -- Actions going
>> forward:
>>
>> 1. Sri Lankan team will clean-install ("reflash") these builds on
>> their 12 XO laptops:
>>
>>     3 XO-1's will install:
>>     http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/8.2.2-betas/
>>
>> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2009-December/thread.html#26750
>>     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/USB_update
>>
>>     3 XO-1's will install:
>>     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_XO-1
>>     (Steven Parrish <smparrish at gmail.com> will fine-tune)

Subject: 	Re: Professional Testing of F11-XO-1
Date: 	Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:00:32 -0500
From: 	Steven M. Parrish <smparrish at gmail.com>

Good news we got the final issues resolved.  You can find a new build for the
XO-1 here.  http://people.sugarlabs.org/~smparrish/

You need to place the os12.crc and os12.img files on a USB stick.  You will
need unlocked XO's to use these builds.  Go into OFW and at the OK prompt
issue the following command.  copy-nand u:\os12.img   when the copy is
completed just reboot and you will be running the new image.

Any questions just ask.  I am usually hanging out in #sugar

Steven