[olpc-nz] [Testing] Wellington Testing Summary - Saturday 27 February

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 3 21:16:54 EST 2010

G'day,

Thanks for your testing!  It has highlighted a few issues.  I've raised
a few tickets.

> Help-10: Doesn't launch on the XO 1.5 build 110 due to a malformed
> bundle exception.

You've used an older version than was on the XO-1.5 build os110 to
begin with.  We tracked this in ticket #10050
<http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10050> ... please use Help-11.  I've
tested that it launches.

If you've already applied Help-10 using a customisation key, then
erase the activity and reinstall it from Help-11.

> WatchMe-2: XO1.5 build 110 launches and allows you to invite others
> to the activity but once other people join it shows a screen saying
> that its connecting but never connects.

I've checked with the developer bemasc and the symptom you describe
was most likely caused by not installing the dependencies.  This is an
unusual activity in that it requires careful installation of dependent
packages in a root shell.

However, the activity doesn't explain why it doesn't work when you
don't install it correctly, so I've raised
<http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1778> (WatchMe-2 fails to connect if
dependencies are absent).

> VisualMatch-8: Numbers Tab: at the end of the game, no high scores
> are listed, Name makes you think you want to find similar items
> which confused us for a while.

You've used an older version than the current version.  Please try
VisualMatch-21 which is the current version for XO-1 os802b1 and
XO-1.5 build 110.

> Poll-2: XO1.5: Can share and vote on polls, works well although
> voting rules allow the person who started the poll to skew votes by
> voting as many times as they want.

You've used an older version than the current version.  Please try
Poll-22 which is the current version for XO-1 os802b1 and XO-1.5 build
110.

However, your point is also valid for Poll-22.

This is the intended behaviour, per the lesson plan #3, the student is
to carry their XO to the people they are polling.  Sharing the
activity over multiple XOs is also supported.  The lesson plan
identifies the need to check for double counting.

> Speak-11: XO-1 os802b1, trying to use the robot tab causes the sound
> on the XO to totally disappear until reboot.

You've used an old version.  Please try Speak-12 which is the current
version for XO-1 os802b1.  It was released on 19th February.

I've tried to reproduce your problem, but the symptom did not occur.
Perhaps it was fixed between Speak-11 and Speak-12.  Please also check
your volume control and mute setting in the Frame.

> TimeLapse-2: XO-1: Most of the collection types work well although
> the one I wanted to try the most "Timelapse collection" doesn't work
> after setting up to capture an image every 10 seconds and hitting
> capture after about 1 minute nothing had happened.

Tried to reproduce your problem, but the symptom did not occur; in
that something did happen.

During the collection the only outward appearance of action is the
black dialog box and that the camera LED lights up.  When I stopped
the Time Lapse Collection using the End button, and exited the
TimeLapse activity the journal contained an ogv (Ogg Video) file which
played correctly when opened.  The activity gave no feedback during
collection, and did not play the video itself.

Raised <http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1780> (TimeLapse-2 gives no
progress output during Time Lapse Collection)

Raised <http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1781> (Timelapse-2 cannot play
a Time Lapse Collection)

> This activity also spams the Journal with entries, after closing I
> found there were over 30 new Journal entries.

Yes, but this might be the intentional behaviour.  Each entry
corresponds to an image in a "single" or "incremental" collection, or
a video of a time lapse collection.  Raised
<http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1782> (TimeLapse-2 creates a journal
entry for every image in a collection).

--
James Cameron