[olpc-nz] [Testing] Getting more Sugar testing done...

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jun 18 01:39:53 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 01:24:12AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> 1. Will sugar-0.90 be better if it gets more and more serious testing
> between now and its release?

Better than it otherwise would be, yes.  In terms of quantity of latent
defects on release.  We'd also have a better idea of the defects it is
released with that won't be fixed before release.

> 2. Might we get more meaningful testing done if we all agreed to
> agree, on a roughly weekly basis, on *what to test* -- that is, on a
> "sugar HEAD"?

Yes, the testing would be more meaningful if it was anchored to some
version concept, even if it was a hash.  What this begins to sound like
is rapid releasing during development.  0.89.n this week, 0.89.n+1 next
week.

> 3. Might we get more comprehensive test results if "sugar HEAD" were
> directly testable against the real software in use on all platforms of
> interest? [2]

Yes, test results would be more comprehensive.

> 4. Would you like to participate in a roughly-weekly social event
> designed to accomplish these goals? (That is, for example, in a weekly
> Sugar Labs "Friends in Testing"-style exploratory testing
> opportunity?)

Yes, subject to timezone considerations.  ;-}

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/