[olpc-nz] [Testing] Wellington Testing Summary - 17 July 2010

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 17 01:41:01 EDT 2010

On 17 Jul 2010, at 05:13, Tim McNamara <mcnamara.tim at gmail.com> wrote:

> SoaS Mirabelle:
>   problem: Frame nearly impossible to access as guest OS
>   env: as guest operating system with Mac OS X 10.6 host, booting from .iso
>
>   comment:
>     It's very difficult to access the Frame with the mouse in a virtual machine

FWIW I disable mouse integration, so the cursor stays inside the guest os window unless you tap the left command key to get it out (I'm using Virtual Box). The other handy Sugar keyboard shortcut to remember is alt-shift-F. The frame interaction has always been a challenge, either appears when you don't want it to, not discoverable enough, or too hard to get to. Making it work in a touch only environment is going to be another joy (unless the hardware has an Apple like home button on the case, which should then be used to toggle the frame open/closed).

Regards,
--Gary