[olpc-nz] Wellington Test summary - 10/Jul/2010

Brenda Wallace shiny at cpan.org
Fri Jul 9 23:54:32 EDT 2010

Today at the weekly Sugar testing, we tested Open Video Chat on XO 1.5s.
https://fedorahosted.org/OpenVideoChat/

We were able to:
successfully built the application from git
install on XO 1.5 running sugar (someone fill in which version?)
launched the application on an XP
shared with my neighbourhood
see the shared activity from another XO 1.5
join the shared activity
once there are 2 users in the activity, it disappears from the
neighbourhood, and other XOs do not see it.
in the activity, the text chat works great.
We see our own video on the screen.

however, we don't see the other user's video. We see only white space:
screenshot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/taniwha/4778921392/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/taniwha/4778777128/

We are one hop away from each other over wifi - and there are no
restrictions on TCPIP connections / ports etc.
Is there some debug we should do at this point?

once we exited the activity, the record in journal screen appeared and
works nicely
http://www.flickr.com/photos/taniwha/4778777370/

More about the Wellington test group:
Kotahi tamaiti, Kotahi rorohiko iti: Aotearoa
http://laptop.org.nz