[olpc-nz] [Testing] Improving the reporting of test results

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:54:21 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
> I make tickets during the Auckland testing. It's quite hard work as I'm
> fairly constantly interrupted by other testers.

Must concur with Tom here. It is damned hard, and it often breaks the
dynamic of the testing session.

IMHO, given how these testing meetings work, the summary email is the
best we can get from the testing session itself.

For things that I had seen as important, I'd try to repro (after the
meeting) and document properly in a bug ticket.

Sridhar is right, additional work is needed to ensure that maintainers
read feedback about their activity. That does not need to be
responsibility of the testers -- and can be taken on by other list
members after the fact.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions