[olpc-nz] [OLPC-AU] Wellington Testing Summary - Saturday 18 December

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 21 22:45:44 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 02:10:31PM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> We are using our own numbering scheme so as not to tread on OLPC's
> toes. I still haven't figured out what OLPC's numbering schema is.

Development builds start from os1 for any new hardware or upstream
operating system, and then increment gradually.

Major new stages of development start from a different number, such as
the jump to os101 (new version of olpc-os-builder for 10.1.1), the jump
to os200 (for freeze, release candidate), the jump to os302 (for XO-1
backport), the jump to os850 (for freeze, release candidate), a jump
back to os350 (for 10.1.3 development), amd shortly a jump forward to
something greater than os852 (for freeze and sign).

You will unavoidably tread on a three digit build number somehow.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/