[olpc-nz] Testing Summary: Auckland - 21 August 2010

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Fri Aug 20 23:36:54 EDT 2010

Testing Summary: Auckland - 21 August 2010
Who: Calvin, Fabiana, Nevyn, Robin, Tabitha, Tom

XO-1.5 testing os373pyg

Physics - created several motors that didn't turn until one was dragged,
which triggered them all to start. There were about 100 items in the
activity screen. Otherwise, Physics ran well.

Write - great, tested tables and pictures and formatting changes, all
worked, though it would be good to be able to anchor the picture. Tested
collaboration on XO created network with two XOs.

Record - could create audio, pictures and video files, but playing audio
file from Journal opened Jukebox and gave an error message - ticket
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2202
Jukebox - could not play audio file created in Record, see ticket 2202

Speak - concerned about the content. The robot strongly believes in
Christianity. We were quite concerned by its views on homosexuality, murder,
and other acts. About the best response we got was when it told you to go
ask Lucy, Simon, or Elvis. Are the laptops being deployed in any countries
that are strongly not Christian? It quoted the bible a few times which could
cause issues. Where it picks an answer from a pool of potential answers, it
could cause offense as it changes between yes, no and maybe.

Finance - great

Measure - okay. Rising / falling edge matches both rising and falling edge.
Raised ticket http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2203. An addition to this
activity would be the addition of a freeform measure tool so you can
accurately measure the wave form.

Typing turtle - great

Visual match - very challenging for a Saturday morning, but all seemed to
work.

Turtleart - great

Scratch - great

eToys - got lost but user impatience, nothing wrong with the activity

Paint - great

Colors - great

Memorize - great, but did have an issue with resetting touchpad - it would
think I was giving it commands for the game

Words game - can only translate from English to other languages. We wanted
to translate from Spanish to English - as this is a Paraguay build.
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2211
Does not update translation when you switch languages.
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2210
Also got some strange characters in the translation. Words displays
incorrect translation for words that are not in the dictionary.
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2212
Italian translation of Mast in Words displayed incorrectly.
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2213
Also  http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2214 and
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2215

Abacus - great

Labyrinth - great

Read - page up / down game keys don't work  -
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2206

Tamtam mini - great

Tamtam jam - great

Stopwatch - great

Implode - great

Arithmetic - great

Terminal - great

Chat - two XOs on local wireless network successfully used chat

Distance - two XOs on local wireless network successfully used distance,
wasn't too bad with interference either actually (music in bar)

Rotate key on XO-1.0 - messes up the view in every activity - poor layout
and graphics corruption. http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2205
Rotate key on XO-1.5 - doesnt work at all in any activity.

It would be useful if when you stop an activity there was an option to not
keep what you were doing, instead of being forced to keep.

There was no mesh network in this build?

Tickets raised today relating to this testing session:
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2202
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2203
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2205
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2206
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2209 - os373pyg on XO-1.0 shows linux
startup messages rather than sugar splashscreen
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2210
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2211
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2212
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2213
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2214
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2215

Also discussed Software Freedom Day - we now have a confirmed venue. 18
September 10am - 4pm. Orion Cafe, cnr Mary and Enfield St, Mt Eden.

Thanks testers
Tabitha