[olpc-nz] olpc Samoa

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Mon Aug 2 16:06:13 EDT 2010

Hello NZ

Tom and I are in Apia for the 2 week visit to the two schools in Samoa
who have XOs. We are spending some time teaching the Ministry IT staff
about the school server today, and looking into the problems they are
experiencing - freezing and battery issues.

We are considering changing the build but not sure as nothing newer is
signed. We are writing up what we do on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Samoa

If anyone wants an (exciting?) job, I would dearly love to know how to
mirror the olpc wiki. wget -m eventually goes into a maze of edit
links and history pages. In the brief time I had I wasn't able to
write exclude statements which worked.A recipe I can follow and leave
running at the local ISP. Thanks.

Will give further updates as we go.

Tabitha