[olpc-nz] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 3 April 2010

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Fri Apr 2 21:01:01 EDT 2010

Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 3 April 2010

Who: Fabiana, Tom, Tabitha, Robin, John, Slavica, Leslie

What:

XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named simba)
Tuxpaint - all was good playing on own. could not find a way to use this
collaboratively. rotates, saves on quit and resumes from journal
successfully.

XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named moodle)
Tested Speak activity version 11 that came with this new build 802B5 - after
you click robot it stops speaking and appears to run out of memory. we think
the XO-1.0 build needs the old version (maybe 9) of speak activity without
the robot. raised olpc ticket #10099

XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named moodle)
Implode version 9. All happy working well. Rotates. Appears in neighbourhood
and can join but get different instance of the game (though we think this is
what we should expect).

XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named mojo)
XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named simba)
club de othello
took a very long time to load. we wonder if this is not a suitable name if
it is going to South America due to the slang translation
bad instructions - press continue button but it does not say which button
that is - need a diagram of the keys to press or need the instructions to
say name of key? maybe it is written for non XO computers?
After at least ten minutes we still have not started a game, we have been
told that there are rooms with activities. Does Pablo have to leave before
you enter a room?
Gave up on this activity today.

XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named mojo)
XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named simba)
Quinteti-3.
Game starts successfully.
We found Two player option, but cannot use mesh for second player on second
laptop, maybe we are supposed to play on one XO?  Has share with my
neighbourhood and it appears but starts new instance of the activity.
Could not find an activity description page on wiki.laptop.org - should we
create one?
One XO-1.0 crashed Quinteti but rest of laptop still worked. Attached log
file to sugar ticket #1898.

XO-1.0 build 802B5 (laptop named simba)
Timelapse version 2 - have ended up with two timelapse icons in the frame,
could not quit either activity. could not play the game today.  will test
another day.

XO-1.5 testing:

XO-1.5 build 116 0.84.14 Q3A35 (laptop named tank, brand new XO-1.5 first
time to testing in Auckland, serial SHC005008D1, cant identify C1 or C2, has
no dots on screen hinge)
Tested Speak - found could not rotate
Tested TamTam suite - also found could not rotate
Need to investigate whether the no rotate is all activities, this build,
firmware or hardware related.
This XO was used by Robin and this was his first testing session. He was
adjusting to the new environment, comments were although hard to not think
in terms of traditional computer file and folder structure, he likes that
someone has actually got it right. Makes sense once you get used to it.
Robin has chosen to read manuals for the XO and is finding them useful. He
has read "help" activity - getting started, interface, activities. He is a
manual reader and uses Ubuntu at home and Windows at work. He says the
design is phenomenal and clear a lot of thought has gone into it.  We hope
to see Robin again at testing soon; welcome Robin. :-)

Thanks testers :-)

Tabitha