[olpc-nz] [Testing] first play with new XO 1.5 machines

Tabitha Roder tabitha at hrdnz.com
Wed Oct 21 23:06:15 EDT 2009

No mesh:

Just checking this scenario.... I am a teacher and have just been handed 5
XOs for my students. I am told you can have a child start writing a story
and then have the other children join in to write together.
How does the teacher do this - in less than 100 words and not one word
technical....

Will the new solution with 0.842 or 0.846 make this possible without any
requirement for server or some external network or some special setup that
the teacher cant do themselves with no effort and technical help? Some
deployments in pacific are very small and dont have help available.

I was shocked to find that I could not do this as this is what I considered
central to Sugar - creating together, learning together. I really hope that
we see this getting easier for teachers.