[olpc-nz] CHC meet ups and OLPC

Tim Knapp duffyd at kokorice.org
Sat Oct 3 06:25:35 EDT 2009

Hi Tabitha,

Thanks for following up on this.

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 19:14 +1300, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Hi Christchurch peoples
>
> I am coming to CHC on Tuesday. I can bring 2 XOs for CHC users if you
> want and they can stay in Christchurch. I just need to know who will
> be responsible for them and who can post about what they do with them.

One suggestion for looking after them as Dan suggested is
Egressive/Effusion Group given their close proximity to Cii where the
Chch Creative Space meetups take place and a number of Effusionists who
come along to the meetups being stationed there.

> Wednesday night you have some get together?

As per my comment below, this includes Sunday.

> Friday night at Twisted Hop?
> Kiwi Pycon coming up....

It would definitely be great to have them for this event and as it is
about a month away we could just have the XOs available in Chch
somewhere until then and then grab them for the event.

> anything else?
>
> We want people to have exposure to them as much as do actual testing on them.

If exposure is one of your concerns, they definitely will get this at
the Wednesday/Sunday Christchurch Creative Space[1] meetups.

[1] http://chchspace.nztech.org/

> I can also give you all SoaS on USB keys kindly donated by Sun Microsystems.

Awesome that would be great. We could make them available at Kiwi PyCon
2009 too.

> Rules - If the XOs are not being used in Christchurch they come back
> to Wellington for redistribution. Must show people. Must post
> regularly about them.

Ok.

> We put our events on laptop.org.nz and we put information on
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_New_Zealand. Brenda Wallace has become
> the OLPC World micro blogger (she has the power) and New Zealand has
> become the biggest testing centre on this planet.
>
> If I have missed anyone on the list please let me know.

Thanks again,
Tim