[olpc-nz] olpc auckland

Fabiana Kubke mf.kubke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:48:25 EDT 2009

I have found a place in parnell that is happy to have the group come and
work. (windsor castle, 144 Parnell Road). They are a pub (tall tables may be
uncomfortable and pub food menu, not a cafe menu, but they have coffee).
They open at 11:00 and they are fine with us being here for at least 4 hrs.
They agreed to have us under certain conditions:
1) $10.00 spending per person (I gave him an estimate of 10-15 people at
most, if more people become involved we may need to renegotiate)
2) we stick to the tables by the window they will dedicate for us (they are
right next to the powerpoints)
3) children welcome, but the place is not a playground (i.e., no running
around)
4) we bring our own cable extensions, etc, and if they are going to be all
over the place, we must tape them down to the floor.

I have looked around and I have not found a place that would allow us to
work for more than 2 hours, and I can hook fine to parnell free wifi, I can
see also a whole other bunch of wifis (including Kordia that has a $10 day
pass). Unless somene can come up with a better alternative I would say we
give this place a go.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Fabiana