[olpc-nz] In Wellington until Sunday

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Jan 28 10:02:59 EST 2009

Hello, everyone!

I'm in Wellington (many thanks to Tabitha and Edward for hosting me in
their lovely new apartment!) until Sunday, and would love to meet up
with people, bounce ideas off, test, teach, learn, and roam around this
gorgeous city (where I've been discovering this unusual thing called
Good Coffee).

I'll be at the testing meetup on Saturday but am generally otherwise
free - anyone interested? Some stuff I'm working on / on my "do this?"
queue, for starters:

* starting my own learning log as an eat-your-own-dogfood exercise in
educational philosophy (not just technology)
* thinking about curriculum coverage and impact, and how to reach out
more to educators
* making a howto on exploratory pair testing of Sugar, after learning
from the Welly testers
* getting https://wiki.mozilla.org/Update:Remora working for Sugar Labs
Activity hosting (including your test results)
* 8.2.1 testing
* OLPC's QA community
* Sugar On $different_platforms! installfest/release-notes
* grassroots communities and local labs: getting stories and feedback
(from people like you!)
* making Colin Zwiebel's GuruFest (and meetings/events in general) more
globally accessible
* playing with sensors
* hunting for a Sugar Labs marketing person
* playing with art tweaks
* ....and much much more.

But above and beyond that, I want to hear what *you* are working on,
what you are interested in, what we can do to help you be Totally
Awesome. I've got a lot to learn from the folks here, and I'm eager to
meet people, hear stories, and share them.

So - who's around? I'll be checking email, but in case I go wandering
through the city, I can be texted pretty much 24/7 at +1.847.970.8484.

--Mel
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Mchua