[olpc-nz] Testing Summary - Saturday 14 February 2009

Tabitha Roder tabitha.roder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:03:55 EST 2009

Testing summary

Who was there: Alastair, Edward, Grant, Uli (and the girls - 2 1/2 and 5
years), Andrew and Fraser (8 years), Carl, Bob, Tabitha, Mark Piper, Mike
Corballis

Tangram-10
Played tangram on two XOs. Not shareable?

eToys-94
Found it hard to get rid of paint when we accidentally clicked paint icon in
the menu bar.
Fraser recorded a sound and made a button then asked all the adults around
how to make the button play his sound. We struggled to work it out, cant
make the button do anything. One hour later we have given up trying.

Foodforce2-1
Looked at storyboard as per request. We like it. Useful for people to work
out how to play the game. Still having problems with memory leaks that make
the game unplayable after a short time. Is this the latest version?

Gnash / Flash
Testing the file provided to us by Phil, Shopping.swf and
PersonalArticlesInSpanish.swf both seemed to open in Gnash that is shipped
with staging-27. Both stated that they couldn't open /home/olpc/.gnashrc.
PersonalArticlesInSpanish.swf gave the error "OIL: ERROR liboiltest.c 361:
oil_test_check_impl(): illegal instruction in mmxCombineAddU Segmentation
Fault. All run from the terminal activity.

These files by default from the sugar journal open in Etoys and cause it to
severly crash.

Updated more XOs to staging 27

Wacom tests by Mike continue. Using colors-13. Followed instructions on
colors wiki page. Filed bug #9252 for:  Following the instructions on the
wiki, we attempted to install a small Wacom Graphire iii graphics tablet
model CTE-43.

... the left click is not working properly. It's as if it receives a
mouse-down event but not a mouse-up and the cursor freezes. ...

Also it is in mouse mode not tablet mode, i.e. when the pen is dropped at a
random position on the tablet, it will not jump to that position on the
screen. This may be a setting that can be changed.

--
Kind regards
Tabitha Roder

(64)21482229