[olpc-nz] Testing summary - 7 February 2009

Tabitha Roder tabitha.roder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 20:18:28 EST 2009

Hello world

Testing in Wellington NZ: 7 February 2009

Who: Martin Langhoff, Alastair, Grant, Becks, Tabitha, Brenda, Callum, Mike
Corballis

Testing staging 25 and staging 27
Issues with installation - error message when trying to update from USB at
boot to staging-27 giving a message along the lines of image not being a
mulitple of the nand erase block size. Updating to staging-25 from the same
method works correctly. One XO managed to update to staging-27 but 2 others
failed on multiple tries.
On install of 25 we found XO "shiny" had two battery icons but gone on
restart.
Trying the online update to 27 this morning also failed. Looks like it
failed to find the files to download.

Chat-48 + Staging-27
We hit a bug where participants would appear to join the chat, but did not
see any messages nor could post. This was over 'under a tree' mesh, using
Salut.
We could not repro the bug after a lot of trying, and we lost the logs of
the original failure, so no material to diagnose further or report a bug.

Turtleart portfolio-12
can not share ? see in the neighbourhood view but dont see the content and
dont see the other XO in the frame
can we have a different icon for turtleart and turtleart portfolio? they are
both favourites and we cant differentiate.
Muliple tries to get the turtleart activity to wait for keyboard presses was
unsucessful. How did you do this Walter? It would be helpful if one of the
demo programs had this functionality in it. Waiting timers work well until
someone asks a question in a presentation then the perfect timing fails.

Distance + Staging-27: Smoketest successful!

Suspend/Resume on lid close + Staging-27: Smoketest successful!

Solar visitor- charged one XO with solar kit, awesome! would be interesting
to see how many can charge over how long etc - stats anyone?

wacom tablet in paint / colors - not just plug and play :-( so we are
experimenting to try to get it to work

Kind regards
Tabitha Roder

(64)21482229