[OLPC-NYC] Tuesday May 15 FCA Meeting

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:22:54 EDT 2012

The next Free Culture Alliance NYC meeting will be held next week on
Tuesday May 15 at 8 PM at the Central Bar (109 E 9 St), in conjunction
with the FIGMENT participatory arts meet & greet and a focus on our
Wiki World's Fair planning with them.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Free_Culture_Alliance_NYC#Next_meeting

There will be a pre-meeting hangout at the NYU ITP Spring Show that
evening (721 Boadway), and we'll walk together from there to the
nearby Central Bar at 8 PM :)

http://itp.nyu.edu/shows/spring2012/

There should be folks from Students for Free Culture, the Internet
Society-NY, Wikimedia NYC and other like-minded movements attending.

The meetup.com page for this event is here (you can RSVP there if you like):

http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/events/61958842/

Our burning focus will here be planning for the Wiki World's Fair /
Free Culture World's Fair coming up on July 7, where all Free Culture
groups are invited to host a Bamboo Pavilion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_World's_Fair

Thanks,
Richard