[OLPC-NYC] Nicholas Negroponte speaking in NYC at SVA 18 Oct 2011 6-9:30pm

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Thu Jul 7 20:19:38 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 05:23:17PM -0400, Mike Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just noticed on the MIT Media Lab events site that NN is doing a
> free talk in NYC the evening of October 18, 2011 at the School of
> Visual Arts. The topic hasn't been announced yet, but I'm sure it will
> be interesting if not entertaining. I already registered via
> Eventbrite.
>
> http://dcritnicholasnegropontelecture-eorg.eventbrite.com/
>
> MFA Design Criticism, School of Visual Arts
> The MFA in Design Criticism at the School of Visual Arts is an
> innovative two-year program that trains students to research, analyze,
> and evaluate design and its social and environmental implications.
> Students study with some of the best design writers and thinkers of
> our time, including: “Studio 360″ host and author Kurt Andersen;
> MoMA’s design curator Paola Antonelli; former editor of I.D. Magazine
> Ralph Caplan; Metropolis contributing editor Karrie Jacobs; and
> architecture critic Justin Davidson.
>
> The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established
> leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception
> in 1947, the faculty has been comprised of professionals working in
> the arts and art-related fields. SVA provides an environment that
> nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling
> students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction
> of purpose.
>
> https://www.eventbrite.com/org/1055677373?s=4471789
>

> Mike

Thanks for the 'heads up' mike.

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

The people of Gideon have always believed that life is sacred.  That
the love of life is the greatest gift ... We are incapable of
destroying or interfering with the creation of that which we love so
deeply -- life in every form from fetus to developed being.
		-- Hodin of Gideon, "The Mark of Gideon", stardate 5423.4