[OLPC-NYC] New York City OLPC Event : Join Us

Sandra Thaxter sandra.thaxter at verizon.net
Sat Feb 19 14:35:21 EST 2011

Greetings OLPC NYC,

      Small Solutions Big Ideas is hosting an OLPC event and fundraiser.  We plan to show off OLPC projects in Kenya and showcase XO Sugar, its impact in the field and potential.  We'd like to invite OLPC NYC  to be as sponsor of this event.

    More important we'd like you to come and enjoy the music and food, and bring your friends. We'll keep you updated on the date (end of March early April).  This letter is to get your support and a couple of volunteers to join us in organizing a really great event.

      We have a sophisticated venue  (NYCLA Conference Hall) on Vesey street (near west end of Houston). We plan on having music and food and speakers: Gloria McCarthy a member of the Kenyan American Association will talk about Kenya, the economic opportunities and social changes.

      We will have a display  area where you can bring your XOs, organization information and showcase your projects.

      Our weekly conference call is Thursdays at 8 PM.

     We are looking for sponsors:  please suggest some businesses or connections you might have.
     We are looking for Auction Items:   iPads, iPhones... Android's   do you know anyone who could donate something?  Maybe an XO?
     We will need some of you to volunteer to be at the XO table to show off activities and features.

    This event is a fundraiser for the Small Solutions Big Ideas projects in Kenya, but a showcase for all.

I am attaching a letter to give to sponsors and donors, as well as an event planning document.

Sandra Thaxter
www.smallsolutionsbigideas.org
sandra at smallsolutionsbigideas.org
(617) 320-1098