[OLPC-NYC] Women in Need Event 09/12

Marife Mago marife.mago at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:00:29 EDT 2010

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your initiative to put WIN's XO to use.  I know this
is just the beginning and there's still a lot of things that needs to get
done.  We'll keep you posted as soon as we're done with the last event
activity details  in our wiki page.

So, far we've done 55 XO's reflashed thanks to (George, Kevin & Hannah) do
you have a target date on the remaining XO's? If yes, when do you plan to do
it and how many remaining XO's are left?

Also, as discussed you can already get the class started with the 55 XO's.
If you can get somebody like the teacher volunteer or older kids volunteer
that can work with you on this and can be included in this mailing list that
would be be awesome.

Here are some resources  that can help your teacher volunteer learn more
about the activities in implementing the XO activities.

1.  How to present sugar
     http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/How_to_present_Sugar

2. XO in the classroom - if you print this and put this in a binder it would
be nice.

http://wiki.laptop.org/images/3/3b/Sdenka_Salas_-_The_XO_Laptop_in_the_Classroom.pdf

3. 3 Hour intro to Sugar class
   https://docs.google.com/View?id=dddknwgs_439dmckm3dn