[OLPC-NYC] OLPC NYC Declares Martial Law!

Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Aug 31 12:44:14 EDT 2010

Just kidding.  But I'm not kidding that: I've now received complaints
from different people that the crazy kool kids organizing *awesome*
meetups around NYC are leaving folks stranded, by changing the location
last minute.  Yup, this happened twice in the last 2 weeks.

Going forward, let's take the spirit of Learning from our mistakes
seriously ("our movement will succeed if it stops reinventing flat
tires", thanks Christoph!) in short being fully conscious of people
traveling Multiple Hours to Manhattan, that's all:

    1) post a precise location+time:
        http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_NYC
        olpc-nyc at lists.laptop.org

    2) poster prominently on-site or publish your cellphone number and
answer all calls if you absolutely must change the location!

Thanks everyone for respecting volunteers and their dedication, who are
the very heart of our great work.  So yep, let's make sure our
"deployment ministry" (hahah!) is strongly inclusive, to all the truly
great hard-working folks we keep meeting every day, as we build
*lasting* Realness together.  OLPC/Sugar NYC is in fact really kicking
into gear pulling together now, huge thanks to all the folks (I can't
even count 'em) making this happen!