[OLPC-NYC] NYC Community Summit Schedule - Saturday Nov 21st 1-4PM

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Nov 20 06:20:22 EST 2009

Hi to all people on the new One Laptop per Child (OLPC) / Sugar Labs NYC
mailing list -- please forward & invite friends -- no registration
required!  Do join tomorrow: /Learning innovators, Software carpenters,
Community Marketing geniuses, Usability experts, Local teachers,
Grassroots organizers, Hardware tinkerers, Artists, Quality/Support
gurus -- All Welcome!/

Please read Mike Lee's beautiful intro to our NY City's Community Summit:

    Amping Up OLPC in NYC: Community Summit Nov 21
    http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/usa/olpc_nyc_community_summit.html

Draft Schedule: (please hack the below schedule into
*http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_NYC* !!)

    12:30PM - early birds organize room (*133 West 46th St, **3rd Flr**)*

    1PM - Mike Lee - 30min - OLPC/Sugar backgrounder & immediate
opportunities (30min)
               Sameer Verma - 5min - San Francisco's approach
               Caroline Meeks - 10min - Learning Goals, how Sugar
supports them, Teacher Training: http://prezi.com/cv5do02tj-0y
<http://prezi.com/cv5do02tj-0y/>
               Adam Holt - 5min - Community Innovation for All
(perspectives from my insane current 6-country OLPC/Sugarific journey)

    2PM - Everyone introduces themselves, their perspective/questions on
where we are after 2 years
                Everyone must vote for 1 NYC community idea they feel
will have traction over the coming 2 years

    2:40 - Three brainstorming sessions, separately around {tech,
teaching, twitteriffic etc}.
               How can NYC spur local projects(s) with structured
sustainability?
               Can NYC use its place in the world to help build a
worldwide action?

    3:20 -  Everyone re-congregate, explaining "on-whiteboard" your
team's Conclusions / Strategies.

    4PM - Clean up - depart for dinner nearby!

We'll readjust around San Francisco's live co-hosted events as nec,
wherever Professor Sameer Verma there feels live/Skype uplinks fit in
around his own awesome schedule:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2009