[OLPC-NYC] Dec 30: Beth's African Deployment Story, In Person! (Sao Tome & Principe)

Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Dec 26 10:17:47 EST 2009

Whether or not you're already familiar with her Amazing Blog, please
join us Wednesday evening in Cambridge, Massachusetts to hear our
special guest -- volunteer Beth Santos and her amazing OLPC/Sugar
deployment stories -- just having returned from Africa last week:

    http://bethstepsup.blogspot.com
    http://xomike.blogspot.com

Her enthusiasm around her work speaks for itself (do read above!) but if
you need more background on Beth Santos, who is helping translate our
manual into Portuguese, start here:

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/beth-santos/7/810/33a
    http://www.bethsantos.com
    http://letsgogirl.wordpress.com

Near Boston?  Please come hear about a tiny, impoverished, beautiful
island country (which has some of the highest rating in anticorruption
ratings of Africa) where an extraordinary learning tech implementation
is taking root, thanks to people like Beth:

    6PM, Wedn Dec 30
    COSI Cafe/Restaurant
    290 Main St
    Kendall Sq, Cambridge, MA
    (617) 868-5810

IMPORTANT: Look for a note On The Door of the restaurant with
instructions if we later decide to cross the street to OLPC's
headquarters should an overhead slide projector be required.

PS Bring your XO Laptops to COSI, with has free Wifi!