[Olpc-morocco] OLPC in Morocco

Tilila Moujahid tililaem at mail.sfsu.edu
Sat Sep 18 04:40:09 EDT 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply and for the links you gave me; they were pretty helpful.
A bit of information concerning the association I work with: It is called Hand in Hand and was created by students of Al Akhawayn in 1996 to launch sustainable development projects in the region of Ifrane.
A lot of the projects focus on students' education in the area. We provide tutoring classes, help building and furnishing schools, donate books and schools stationaries at the beginning of every school year etc...
Every year we hold a Fun Run. It's our biggest fund raising event that is used to finance one Big project that we select every year.
Here is the website of the association (only in Frensh :s:s:s ) http://www.hand-in-hand.ma/
It has more details on our work.
I've forwarded the info you sent to the other members, and they are discussing all that. I'll give you more details very soon.
It appears that "Laptop per child" and Hand in Hand share the same vision when it comes to helping out kids in their studies. I guess that'll be interesting to start something together :)

Cheers
<http://www.hand-in-hand.ma/>