[Olpc-mg] Re : Maroantsetra project

jean_randria at yahoo.fr jean_randria at yahoo.fr
Tue May 19 05:57:46 EDT 2009

Hi dear friend and colleague June Kleider
I have been visited different NGOS and Administrations this morning and please find hereafter the result as finding out the possible contacts for Olpc-mg Maroansetra project:

*TELMA 020 57 720 12 (ParaStatal firm for telephone)
*Centre SAF FJKM : 020 57 720 80 (Protestant religion development center)
*ECAR : 020 57 720 07 (Catholic church)
*BOA BTM: 020 57 720 40 (Private bank)
*POSTE: 020 57 721 40 (Post administration)

I would like to precise that the different responsibles above are to be contacted for their individual commitment and not as official executives. That approach would enable us setting up a small community for supporting the project through strategic meeting and operational activities.

I indeed met the Director for Administration and Finance for SAF FJKM and BOA BTM Director and executive working within the Cabinet of Ministry of Telecommunications and Posts and New Technologies just to inform them of the Maroantsetra project . But, I think it would be more profitable to respect the local process of identifying the right actions. Instead of a top down approach I suggest a trickle up method of working.

Since Olpc program carries out education goals for Human Sustainable Development, the following topics are submitted to the Olpc-m local community:

Topic 1: One telecentre will be set up a kind of social cyber where the children are members and during their spare time, One laptop per child will be available through a time table;
Topic 2: The social cyber will enable children to consolidate the lessons taught at school and the teachers will monitor the laptop assisted re-learning;
Topic 3: The social cyber will be set up to meet the children  needs for their human development: laptop assisted searching for useful informations and monitored by the teachers and /or educative agents or their parents;
Topic 4: The social cyber is strictly reserved to the children members and if the teachers need to get a hard print out of their time table or their pedagogic papers, elder children have to be taught to perform the print out.
Topic 5: Laptops will be lodged in a "telecentre" instead of being distributed to be one child private propriety to enable sustainability Topic 6: In a telecentre, security is warranted.
Topic 7: Educator individuals and associations are sollicitated to the telecentre setting up.
Other topics can be identified par all members please and thank you

Jean
Jean Joseph Aimé RANDRIAMAHENINA
Enseignant-Chercheur, Ingénierie Sociale en Agromanagement Stratégique
ESSA, Expert en Gestion et Valorisation de projets, Communicateur, Administrateur Civil en Chef
Tel 261 32 02 247 44