[OLPC-Jamaica] Software Freedom Day 2012

Frederic Muller - DFI fred at softwarefreedomday.org
Tue Jul 10 04:46:18 EDT 2012

Hi Maurice, and thank you for the prompt response.

I'll do the introductions off the list.

For SFD the only deadline is for receiving the team pack and that is
July 15th to register.

Else the wiki may have changed a little bit since 2008 (still moinmoin
but a lot more 'classified'). We have a guide for creating a team page here:
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/CreateYourTeampage

but in short team pages are now under year/country/city . So you need to
check if you country has been created yet in the country page (which in
your case I know it hasn't). At the bottom of the country page you'll
find a text box where you can just type "Jamaica", submit and you'll be
presented with a template which you can complete on the fly or later.
Save. Then same thing for city and team.

I believe we have also an improved StartGuide (2nd button from the wiki
front page) or a resource page with lots of stuff. Logo, Artworks etc
are also all available in source files in the wiki.

I think I have covered most of it but in doubt don't hesitate to either
ping me or email the sfd-discuss list.

Thanks and happy SFD then! :)

Fred