[OLPC-Jamaica] teacher training session this Friday...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Jul 8 19:32:26 EDT 2009

We will be hosting a Sugar training session this Friday (9am-11am) at the
Mona School of Business at UWI Mona campus (Seminar Room 2). One of the
teachers from August Town Primary will be joining us. Although RSVP is not
necessary, please drop me a note if you plan on attending, so that I have an
idea sverma at sfsu.edu

If you have an XO, please bring it with you. If not, bring a laptop if
possible so that you can follow along. Some things to do before coming to
the session:

Download VMWare Player (no charge) from http://vmware.com/download/player/ .
Follow instructions and install it.
Download this zip file: http://dev.laptop.org/%7Ebert/VMWare-8.2-767-bf.zip
This is a virtual machine image of the Sugar platform.

After the training session (11am), we will be going over to the August Town
Primary School. Feel free to join us if you like.

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.