[Olpc-Haiti] [squeakland] [ANN] Waveplace starting another five laptop projects in Haiti

Kenneth Wyrick kmw at caltek.net
Tue Jun 7 18:31:59 EDT 2011

great to hear about waveplace activities and plans.
i'm in the process of joining the ranks of the olpc movement, here in SoCal

it's interesting that you are in Bethehem PA were a long time buddy was
born...

i'm in the assessment/design phase to plan for the establishment of a
mobile SoCal olpc XOWiki repair, lending and presentation lab fleet
service. I need help on setting up olpc servers within central la
communities, where i reside.

To ramp up for what I'm doing I'd very much like to participate in your
mentor program...hope it's feasibile for me to do so and spend time with
your EToys training materials, asap. I realize you just had a major event
and if by chance you have podcasts, presentations on a site please send me
the urls.

http://kmw.caltek.net is a bio on me, fyi.

I created http://caltek.net in 1997 as a project of the http://commons.org
(the domain now in on a server in PA maybe close to where waveplace is
located)

October 2010 I finally created http://teknowledgy.org which is a box
colocated here in LA at http://calpop.com where I'm developing curriculum
and learning resources for various floss related projects in a business
context of entrepreneurship

thanks

cheers!
---------

Cool

I saw on Swedish news yesterday that Rwanda was buying OLPC to every
school
child.

Karl

http://64.27.24.247:8000/xowiki/en:weblog?summary=1